I feel like it has been an entire year since I have blogged! For real! But I am so glad to be on here tonight. I'm just going to get right to the point. I have been crafting up a literal storm in our house. I have been making soap, this other product I can't even talk about yet, signs, banners, cards, letters for my walls, and all kinds of random home decor projects.
Tonight I want to talk about this "autumn" banner my co-worker, Nikki, and I made the other day. We made quite a few actually, but this one is our favorite because it's going up on Lacy Ln today, and I am so excited! I am actually excited because there are quite a few new things going up in Lacy Ln in the next couple of weeks and I could not be more ready and happy to share them all with you!
Back to the sign:
Here is a quick and [hopefully] easy tutorial:
Gather your supplies:
- Paper [background color(s) and BLACK CARD STOCK] Not construction paper, or computer paper, or anything else, card stock (trust me we tried the others)
- Hole Punch or Pen
- String, Yarn, or Twine, etc.
- Glue gun or stick glue
- White paint and tiny brush or a white paint pen [whichever you find easiest]
- White board eraser
- Cut out the shape that you desire [it doesn't have to be exactly like ours]
- Cut out a smaller version of that shape, 1 centimeter works great
- Use these as your template and trace on the colored paper your bigger shape and on the black paper the smaller shape
- Cut them out
- Paint your letters on each of the black ones
- Let them dry completely
- Use the chalk and smear it all over each of the black pieces
- Erase [be careful not to completely get rid of the chalk, just gently erase it]
- Glue the smaller on top of the bigger shapes
- Let completely dry
- Punch Holes with your pen or hole punch about an inch inside the outer edges on each side
- Sting your string through the holes
- Loop it on each end
If you like it but don't have the 20 minutes to sit down and make this you can buy it by clicking here.
I hope this was helpful! Have a blessed day!