6.07.2014

Rolled Oat Loaf Homemade Bread Recipe



It got real up in our kitchen last night. Well, it also got real messy up in our kitchen last night. I opted not to take a picture of the crazy mess. I was a baking tornado going through our kitchen. I finally got it all cleaned up this morning. I made homemade pizza, which was pretty much a fail. Caleb said he liked it, but I think he was only saying that because he's my husband. I did however revert back to my Vegetarian days and make a few loaves of bread. I decided that since it still to this day turned out good, I would come share them here for all of you to try, and you should, if you love bread. 

Rolled Oat Loaf

Here are the ingredients for the first one:
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (I also use imitation vanilla when we're on a tight budget)
2 Cups Flour (any flour will work here, I use regular, or wheat)
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Sugar (I like brown or coconut sugar better in my rolled oat loaf)
2/3 Cup plain yogurt (substituting greek yogurt makes a much different texture when it is all said and done, I don't really like it but you may)
1 Tbs Baking Soda
2 eggs (2 will work, but honestly I usually use 3)
1/4 cup melted butter
Pinch of salt
1 Tbs Cinnamon and Sugar mixture

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all ingredients (but keep the cinnamon and sugar out for the end)
Spray your loaf pan
Pour into loaf pan
Bake for 45 mins. - 65mins. depending on how you like your bread, just make sure it's cooked all the way through
Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top right when you take it out of the oven

It's seriously that easy! And delicious, but don't take my word for it! Try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment